Friday, July 25, 2008

Rest of Muniz family trip

The day after we got back from our trip to Glenwood Springs we went to the North Pole! That's right - complete with Santa and all! Bet you didn't know the north pole is right here in Colorado Springs? Actually, it is an amusement park dedicated to all things Christmas! The first thing the kids did was run to the Santa slide. It is a fave of everyone!

Isn't Ash cute driving her car?

Now in my younger days the tilt-a-whirl was a favorite of mine. I was persuaded to get on such ride during this trip, and let's just say that I am not as young as I used to be. The kids wanted to ride it again right after we finished, and I said, "only if you want me to throw up on you!" As you can see in this pic, Alysse and Rebecca are certainly enjoying it. Aw youth!

This is my favorite picture because there is a story behind it. You have to know James. He does not do any rides that go around and around - just can't handle 'em. The kids wanted to ride on this shuttle ride and had to have an adult go with them. I am smart enough to know that I do not like this ride and so declined the invitation. I convinced James to go with them. The ride didn't go very long before the operator had to stop it and let a little boy off. After starting the ride again, it just kept going and going and going until I hear James yell, "Enough already!" I laughed so hard! It wasn't the kids who were wanting to get it. It was James. I tried taking a picture of his face while the ride was going, but none of them turned out. Lucky him!

I'm thinking this next one might be good Christmas card material!

We had a great time with the Muniz family! Hopefully, this will inspire some of you to come see us! We'd love to have you!

No comments: