Saturday, September 20, 2008

What a week!

I unfortunately do not have any pictures for this post. I was going to bring my camera to field day. However, I worked yesterday, and I was supposed to work with a child that runs. Therefore, I thought better of brining my camera because I knew I couldn't run with a camera hanging around my without me, the child, or the camera getting hurt. Anyway, yesterday was field day at the girls' school. They had a great time, and the rain held off until after school was over! I ended up working with a child in Ashlea's class, so I got to walk around with her class during field day. It was so fun to watch her! She does not like the potato sack race, by the way. I had to leave to pick Austin up from school (will explain later in post), so I wasn't able to see Alysse enjoy her field day.

Austin spent most of his week at High Trails which is a camp atmosphere where they learn about the settlers, native americans, cowboys, etc. They stayed in cabins and apparently did lots of hiking! When I asked him what they did, he said, "We hiked, and the we hiked some more, and then we hiked again." Eventually he got around to telling me that they made homemade biscuits and applesauce, dipped candles, made a quilting square, had a hoedown, and lots of fun things. They had a journal they wrote in, and I will treasure it always because of the different things he wrote about.

Also, this week we had Math and Science Night at the girls' school. It was the chemistry show night which is always a hit! The girls loved watching the explosions, frozen eggs and bananas, color changes, and things going from liquid to solids and vice versa in an instant.

Ashlea has her first loose tooth, and Austin has two loose molars! I hope the tooth fairy has enough money! :)

Update on James - He is exhausted from working long hours, dealing with lots of death and mental illness cases that happen from the stress of war. His colonel gets back next week, so he his hoping that he can get a little more rest after that. Of course, he will also be going outside the wire more, too. Pray, pray, pray!

No comments: