Sunday, February 1, 2009

Saturday after Christmas

The Saturday after Christmas we all drove down to my cousin's house in Campti. Pamela and Greg cooked a wonderful meal for us, and we completely stuffed ourselves! If you have never eaten Pamela and Greg's delicious delights you have definitely missed out! After filling our bellies we opened presents and then headed into Natchitoches to see the lights along the river and the fireworks. We had such a great time! The kids loved all their kitties and dogs. I personally could have taken a couple of the kitties home because they were just too cute! Thank you Pamela and Greg for a fabulous evening!

I love this picture because, first of all, you can see Greg who is so wonderful! I always love my conversations with him and Pamela. They are both extremely intelligent and have different political views than me, so I always feel my brain has expanded just by chatting with them. Also, while I am certainly passionate about my political views, I never turn down an opportunity to hear Pamela and Greg's side. I find both of them very fascinating, and I will brag on them a little! Greg is the Dean of Political Science at Northwestern State University in Natchitoches, and Pamela is currently working on her doctorate. I told you they were super smart! Second reason, I love this picture is the expression on Pamela's face. Look how excited she is over the music book I gave Greg. I love it!
Here is my most magnificent, marvelous cousin Pamela! She is a lover of literacy and language, so she will be impressed with my use of such wonderful adjectives!
Pamela and Greg gave our family a book titled "The Two Bobbies", and I highly recommend to anyone. It is a true story of two pets during and after Hurricane Katrian. Very touching!





I don't know if you can see this very well, but Ashlea is holding her ears. The fireworks were going on, and I thought she looked too cute.

No comments: