Friday, January 23, 2009

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was very relaxing. In fact, I stayed in my pajamas most of the day! That evening we headed to church for the annual silent Lord's Supper. It is my favorite service, and I look foward to it anytime we are at home during Christmas. It is very moving and such a reminder of why we celebrate Christmas. When we got home, we watched James' DVD that he sent. He read the kids a Christmas book and wished them Merry Christmas! It was nice to see him on Christmas Eve even though he couldn't be there with us in person.
We always let the kids open up one Christmas present on Christmas Eve.

As per tradition, they got new pj's!

After opening their present, we were treated to a talent show by Alysse and Ashlea. There were at least 5 costume changes, and I thought it might last until Christmas morning. However, we finally got them off to bed after putting cookies and milk out for Santa. What a wonderful Christmas Eve!

No comments: