Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bring it on!!!

We military wives always know as soon as our husband deploys or goes TDY(for my non-military friends that means temporary duty when they must go somewhere for a short period of time) something always happens! Let me share with you a little bit about my life since James has left for training. Austin has gotten a virus in his eyes causing his eyes to be very red and itchy, Dagger was stung by something that caused major swelling and redness right under his nose (trying putting baking soda paste in that area - you put it on, he licks it off, you put it on again, he licks it off again), a fish died (not my fault, they really were fed, but of course they wait for James to leave to die), the water company did not listen to our instructions about not bringing water to us this month which means I now have four 5 gallon bottles sitting in my carport waiting for some muscular man to come along and bring them inside for me since I will not be attemping such, Austin's best briend (Austin) left which caused some waterworks(as soon as my kids start crying, you might as well hand me the box of tissues because I'm a goner), the t-shirts for our school came in and let's just say they were not what I was expecting - I have come to see they are not as bad as I initially thought but that first day I wanted to cry (I was "blessed" by being voted PTO president for our school so you can see why this might upset me as it did), last but not least the van got a flat tire. I was not phased by this because it looked like a simple hole patch was all that was needed. My friend, Danielle, was sweet enough to have her husband come change my tire. I drive to Firestone happy that I would get this fixed for free. My neighbor, Sharalie, follows me and all is well as I drop off the van. We drive home still abliss with the fact that this will cost me nothing. I decide I should probably have the car aligned while it's in the shop since my steering wheel has been shaking so badly that I am sure some fat is now gone off my arms. I call Firestone (happy with myself that I am so smart to think of getting an alignment and knowing what alignment means). Patrick answers and is super nice as he informs me that my alignment was so off that I will need my back tires replaced. Oh, and by the way, my air filter needs replacing, too. Ahhhhh - I just looked at my friend Sharalie and laughed! This is while James is still in the States - just wait until he gets to Afghanistan!

No comments: