On a more sentimental note, there is nothing like saying good-bye to the love of your life knowing he will be gone half a year and in a war zone. I got home today to read about the humanitarian workers who were killed in Afghanistan where James will be. I am so proud of him and what he does, but that doesn't make it easy to watch him leave us at the airport. When he is gone, my best friend is gone. The other half of me is missing, and I just don't feel like myself until his return. The song on my playlist today pretty much sums up my feelings. I love you, James!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Leavin' on a jet plane
James left yesterday for Afghanistan. I took what I thought was a wonderful picture of him at the airport with the kids, but when I went to upload it for the blog I noticed you can't even see James' face because it is too dark. Oh well, I tried! This picture is at the hotel we stayed at in Denver the last few days before he left. We had a great time! We went to the aquarium and just hung out at the hotel by going swimming, playing games, putting models together, and watching movies and the Olympics. It made the days we got to see him very special. James has a very long 2 days ahead of him as he flies to Afghanistan. He is flying to Germany as I type this. Then he hits 3 other countries in route. Please continue to pray for his safety and for peace in Afghanistan. Thanks to all who have called me to check on me while he has been gone! It is so nice to know I have friends across the country who care about us and are concerned about my welfare!
On a more sentimental note, there is nothing like saying good-bye to the love of your life knowing he will be gone half a year and in a war zone. I got home today to read about the humanitarian workers who were killed in Afghanistan where James will be. I am so proud of him and what he does, but that doesn't make it easy to watch him leave us at the airport. When he is gone, my best friend is gone. The other half of me is missing, and I just don't feel like myself until his return. The song on my playlist today pretty much sums up my feelings. I love you, James!
On a more sentimental note, there is nothing like saying good-bye to the love of your life knowing he will be gone half a year and in a war zone. I got home today to read about the humanitarian workers who were killed in Afghanistan where James will be. I am so proud of him and what he does, but that doesn't make it easy to watch him leave us at the airport. When he is gone, my best friend is gone. The other half of me is missing, and I just don't feel like myself until his return. The song on my playlist today pretty much sums up my feelings. I love you, James!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Liked the song Wendy! It made me cry. I know the pain. We will continue to pray for you all.
Picture of James and children is really good. Makes you feel like you could reach right out and touch them. I wish! James loves his children so much. I bet he's counting every minute till he's back with you all. My son, my son Blessings on you..praying for safe traveling mercies, protection with GOD'S ARMS wrapped around you untill your safe return. We love you James. You are special and you are loved.
Love, Mom
We love you all!
Post a Comment